Just a quick post to reiterate the importance of having a mobile presence for your business. The information below is a short compilation of statistics and comments from mobile experts: Damien Zomora from “GoMobile,” Jamie Turner from “60 Second Marketer,” and Cory Gaddis from “Mobilize Worldwide.” This list is a summary provided by Damien Zomora, along with his comments. You can read the complete article here.
- According to Nielsen, 30 million consumers watch television content via their mobile phones. Makes me wonder why I invested so much in my big-screen HD television at home.
- Gartner says that by 2013, mobile phones will overtake PCs as the most common Web access device worldwide. Which is a reminder for all those web designers to brush up on their mobile skills if they want to stay in business.
- Exact Target reports that 16% of smartphone users report that they have made a purchase as a result of a marketing message they received on their phone. 55% purchased as a result of an email they received on their mobile device. Turns out email isn’t dead after all.
- Nielsen also said that in Q3 2011, teens increased their mobile data consumption by 256% over the prior year. I hope their parents had them on unlimited data plans.
- Inneractive found that there is a direct correlation between the size of a mobile device’s screen and the click-through rate (CTR) the device yields for mobile advertising. For instance, the iPhone yields a 4.35% CTR with a 3.5″ screen, compared to a 6.61% CTR on the iPad‘s 9.7″ screen.
Still want to ignore the mobile platforms? Think it’s too expensive to add? Don’t know where to start?
Talk to your favorite web developer. Or contact Sunstone Web Solutions. At least start talking about it.